Irish Building Supply are seeking to hire a General Manager to run and manage its newly built flagship store in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow and its store in Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. Our new Kilcoole store and warehouse will be operational from late 2021.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the business, across 2 locations in south Dublin and north Wicklow. They will report to the Board of Directors of the company and will manage 2 teams of approximately 20 people in total. This is a superb opportunity to join a fast-growing company, design a new store premises and build a high performing team.
About Irish Building Supply
Irish Building Supply is a family run independent builders merchants supplying quality building materials to the greater Dublin area for over 50 years. Our team supply builders, tradesmen, self-builders and D.I.Y enthusiasts. The company is excited to expand its presence in the North Wicklow area, and increase its market reach in the Leinster region.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· The management of all branch staff and customer service
· Overall management of all sales and operational matters within the store
· The management of all key branch functions to include: Trade, Retail, DIY, Showroom and Online Sales
· Yard, Warehousing and Transport functions
· Management of Stock/Purchasing
· Effective communication of Sales & Performance targets
· Development of and full compliance with company policies and procedures in relation to Stock, HR, Credit Control and Health & Safety
· Cost management and control
· Any other projects/work as assigned by the Board of Directors
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will need to come with strong experience delivering sales targets and maximising sales growth in the building supply industry, proven ability to get the most of your team with excellent customer service skills, be personable and enthusiastic. They must also be adept at managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· 10+ years of experience in the building supply or related industry
· Excellent industry and product knowledge
· Experience managing a team of employees
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Strong POS system experience
· Financially astute and profit focused
· Organized, and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
· Flexible, self-starting, and ambitious to achieve strong sales results
· Proactive about addressing problems and proven problem-solving skills
Tagged as: builders merchants, dublin, management, manager, retail, wicklow