The Branch Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the store including providing high standards of customer service and delivering key performance indicators for the business including profitability, sales, margin, stock management, debtors, health & safety and people management.
· Manages and controls the stores day to day activities, in line with operating processes and procedures.
· Facilitate and drive sales within the branch whilst trying to maximise margins.
· Meet or exceed targets as set by Line Manager.
· Understand and be able to interrogate the branch P&L and monitor sales, margin and costs.
· Manage debtors; have credit customers on terms best suited for the business and ensure payments are made/collected on time and in full.
· Strive to have the branch as cost efficient as possible.
· In store marketing and merchandising with support available from Marketing Department.
· Identify where improvements can be made and escalate when necessary to ensure the improvements are actioned where possible.
· Identify customer needs and requirements to maximize sales.
· Build and maintain relationships with customers.
· Stock control and stock management.
· Ensure security measures adhered to at all times.
· Ensure that branch administration is kept up to date and that requests for information from both internal and external customers are responded to promptly.
· Manage and motivate staff and liaise with the HR Team when necessary.
· Adherence to and implementation of Health & Safety rules and procedures.
Please note that the above list is not intended to capture every detail of your role but the main areas of responsibility.
Previous supervisory or management experience in a similar industry
Proven track record in sales and achieving targets in the heating and plumbing industry
Experience in stock / warehouse management
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent time management & organisation skills
Enthusiastic and energetic approach to work
Full clean valid driving licence
Experience in conducting external sales calls and collecting debtors
Forklift driving experience